Selling an existing franchised business is much like selling any other business, but with a few differences:
- Franchised businesses have some intangible value because of the franchise itself.
- Franchised businesses will often bring a higher multiple in pricing.
- Successful franchised business owners have the advantage of attracting both cash flow buyers and new franchise prospects.
There are many complex steps in learning how to sell your Dallas / Fort Worth franchise. Anne Barr, Franchise Opportunity Specialist, can walk you through all the steps so you can concentrate on running your business, while we concentrate on finding you the best qualified prospect. Let us minimize your stress by assisting you in locating the person with the best personality traits, skills and financial capability to take over your business.
How to Sell a Dallas/Fort Worth Franchise
Below is a rough outline of the process of selling a franchise:
- Exclusive Listing Agreement
- Proper Documentation
- Tax Returns
- Copies of Contracts, Leases, etc.
- Valuation and Pricing
- Market Comparables
- Intangible Values
- Completion of Professional Marketing Package
- Finding the Right Match for Your Business (business owners, downsized executives, franchise prospects)
- Assessing the Qualifications of Buyer Prospects (which ones match your Franchisor’s profile)
- Educating prospects about the franchise industry & process
- Coaching prospects through the research and due diligence process
- Purchase Agreement
- Acceptance of Purchase Agreement
- Financing Assistance for the Buyer
- Franchisor Approval
- Lease Assignments
Anne Barr knows how to sell a franchise in the Dallas / Fort Worth area better than just about anyone. Let her put her years of experience to work for you. Call Venture Opportunities today to get started on selling your franchise today.