Selling an existing franchised business is much like selling any other business with these differences:
- Franchised businesses have some intangible value because of the franchise itself
- Franchised businesses will often bring a higher multiple in pricing
- Successful franchised business owners have the advantage of attracting both cash flow buyers and new franchise prospects
There are many complex steps in selling your business. Anne Barr, Franchise Opportunity Specialist, can walk you through all the steps so you can concentrate on running your business, while we concentrate on finding you the best qualified prospect. Let us minimize your stress by assisting you in locating the person with the best personality traits, skills and financial capability to take over your business.
- Exclusive Listing Agreement
- Proper Documentation
- Tax Returns
- Copies of Contracts, Leases, etc.
- Valuation and Pricing
- Market Comparables
- Intangible Values
- Completion of Professional Marketing Package
- Finding the Right Match for Your Business (business owners, downsized executives, franchise prospects)
- Assessing the Qualifications of Buyer Prospects (which ones match your Franchisor’s profile)
- Educating prospects about the franchise industry & process
- Coaching prospects through the research and due diligence process
- Purchase Agreement
- Acceptance of Purchase Agreement
- Financing Assistance for the Buyer
- Franchisor Approval
- Lease Assignments
I purchased a franchise with the assistance of Anne Barr and I am very happy with my choice. Anne, a local franchise consultant, was essential in helping guide me through the franchise research and selection process. Her experience in the franchise industry added to my comfort level and allowed me to make an informed decision without feeling pressured or overwhelmed.